Our show today cove
Nonhuman Radio airs on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:00 pm on listener-supported community radio at KZFR 90.1 FM or streaming online at KZFR.org.
Be different. Be better. Be kind. Go vegan!
~Robert and Jeannie
Ben & Jerry’s Ice Debuts 4 Vegan Flavors of Ice Cream
If you’re in the Chico area and have tried B&J’s vegan ice cream, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Vegan Ben & Jerry’s Line Takes Over the Internet
- Ben & Jerry’s goes vegan with four new flavors
- Vegan Action Certification
- Food Empowerment Project Chocolate List – To help people buy chocolate that does not involve the enslavement of human (children or adults) or non-human animals (such as cows and goats).
USDA Issues New Regulations for Marine Mammals
- Captive Orcas, Dolphins Gain New Federal Protections
- Breaking news: Captive Orcas, Dolphins to Get New Federal Protections
- USDA-APHIS Proposed Rule [PDF]
- Blackfish Documentary
Ontario, Canada Opens Door for Veganism To Be a Protected Human Right
- Veganism is One Step Closer to Becoming a Human Right in Ontario
- Ontario Officials Rule Veganism is a Human Right Legally Protected from Discrimination
- Vegans argue they’re a ‘creed’ under Ontario human rights law
We gave a thumbs-up to Aonami Sustainable Sushi for their delicious and clearly identified vegan options. For more information on vegan-friendly dining options in Chico, check out the online Chico Vegan Restaurant Guide or the Happy Cow Compassionate Eating Guide.
CARES Reading Group – Thursday February 11 from 7 to 8:30 pm at Midtown Local at 365 East 6th Street in Chico. A PDF can be downloaded here.
Dharma Voices for Animals Chico Chapter – Saturday, February 13 from 10:30 am to noon at Sky Creek Dharma Center at 1423 Marauder Street in North Chico. For more information contact Sherry at email@example.com.
Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret – Tuesday, February 16 at 6 pm at the Adventist Community Center in Redding at 2828 Eureka Way. For more info contact the Plant Empowered Redding Facebook Group. The screening is free.
Chico Vegan Potluck – Saturday, February 27 at 6 pm at the Chico Library community room at 1108 Sherman Avenue in Chico. Event info and potluck guidelines are posted here. HINT: This month’s theme is Breakfast for Dinner!